31DC2014: Yellow Nails

Yellow -> The Simpsons. Essentially, my entire thought process for today's prompt. Somehow I forgot to check that I had plenty of yellow polish before sitting down to paint, meaning I was limited to only Illamasqua Load. And so, the pastel Simpsons were born.


The majority of what you can see here is painted with black or white acrylic paint and a tiny detailing brush. I'm still adjusting to using paint as a medium rather than polish, so my brushwork isn't quite as tight as I'd like, but hey - progress!


For Homer's beard and the donut base, I blended together China Glaze Mahogany Magic with Illamasqua Load. I then added the glaze using a mix of Sinful Colors Easy Going and Revlon Cherries In The Snow, before adding the sprinkles using white acrylic and Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream


1 comment:

  1. These are amazing! I like the pastel Simpsons more, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete