31DC2013: Day 23 - Inspired by a Movie

Evening everyone! It's a super quick snippet of a post tonight since I have plans. Since I just finished re-watching the Star Wars movies, I thought it was only appropriate that I try out some lightsaber nails. I consulted both my brother and Wikipedia to check that there were actually such things as yellow lightsabers, so you can consider all of these designs (relatively) colour accurate! 


My base colours were (from pinky to thumb) Essie Snap Happy, Rimmel Ultra Violet, Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream, China Glaze I'm With The Lifeguard, and OPI The 'It' Color. After topping with Seche Vite and leaving to dry completely, I placed some tape down and painted on a thick coat of Barry M Black Multi Glitter. Since this polish is a tad thirsty, I applied another coat of topcoat before adding the handles with Color Club Worth The Risque. I then added a third coat of Seche Vite because I just can't seem to say no to the stuff.


Originally I had wanted to paint the lightsabers of specific characters, but had to give up that idea since my nails are a just little too short to do it justice. Regardless, this design is still quite visually interesting, as well as being relatively simple to do, so I'm pretty pleased with it!

4 comments:

  1. This is great and such a cool mani! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, I totally knew what these were right away from the thumbnail image - I love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always worry with themed manis like this that nobody else will get what it's supposed to be.

      Delete